Prague, Czech Republic
Products and services
The main goal of the project:
- Provide interface for business planning of over 1.5 million customers and their specific contract details.
- Enable accurate and efficient data collection and consolidation among subsidiaries in compliance with unbundling requirements of regulator.
- Create flexible tool easy to self-maintain according to new business needs.
- Enable multidimensional data analysis.
RWE decided to implement SAP Business Planning & Consolidation, version for NetWeaver. Having native connectivity to SAP BW, business oriented planning and reporting features, familiar MS Excel user interface and inherent flexibility and scalability, it suited best to all of the company's needs.
The project has been delivered by consultants of the MIBCON Group.
- Largest SAP BPC implementation in CEE.
- Support for all planning processes in RWE Group.
- Strategy plan (50 years), long-term plan (5 years), mid-term plan (3 years), detailed budget (1 year) and monthly forecasts.
- Detailed planning process including modelling of customer purchases of natural units, pricing, OPEX and CAPEX planning, reconciliation of intercompany services, cost and revenue allocations, calculations of taxes, cash flow, procurement planning, HR planning etc.
- More than 150 active user in planning processes, more than 300 report users.
- The project won a SAP Quality Award.
“SAP Planning Tool helped us eliminate huge number of Excel files prepared by individuals and solved many problems concerning data distribution and validation.”
Alena Rozsypalová, Head of Controlling, RWE Česká republika a.s.
- 40% faster business plan preparation and reporting.
- 50% shorter time to implement changes in planning and reporting processes.
- 20% reduction in headcount required for business planning process.
- Shorter forecasting cycles, faster what-if modelling, flexible planning model adjustments and embedded variance analyses - all enabling faster decision making.
- Improved granularity and integrity of plans allowing better targeted actions and feedback during plan execution.
- Security – full control over individual access to data.
- Transparency and accountability – complete audit trail of data and system changes.
- Managed workflow and approval mechanism.
- Business-user orientation of the application allowing users to make common methodical changes and solution enhancements without IT or external support, thus increasing user engagement and lowering operational expenses.
- Volume planning and pricing.
- Cost, revenue and margin allocations.
- CAPEX planning with calculation of depreciations.
- Capacity planning.
- Bottom-up OPEX planning.
- Strategical long-term target setting.
- SLAs planning and reconciliation of intercompany services.
- Tax calculations.
- Direct and indirect cash flow calculation.
- Balance sheet, income statement, economic indicators, KPIs.
- HR planning.
- Procurement planning.