Products and services
In order to prepare a company-wide forecast, plan or actual to budget comparison, the controlling department of ŽSR had to prepare, distribute and collect a large set of spreadsheets and then compile them into required reports. Most of these tasks were performed manually. Given the number of reports, organizational units and planning cycles, the controlling staff was overloaded.
ŽSR decided to adopt SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) on top of its SAP architecture. With a BPC application we covered many of the planning areas - from revenue planning (including prediction of certain incomes using SAP RE information about contracts), through OPEX, CAPEX and procurement planning, to preparation of IFRS reports, including the cash flow statement.
The project has been delivered by consultants of the MIBCON Group.
- Optimized data collection process freeing-up resources for more advanced controlling tasks.
- Increased granularity of budget allowing better targeted actions and quality feedback during budget execution.
- Security and transparency – full control over individual or department access to data and complete audit trail of data and system changes.
- Utilization of existing SAP data and infrastructure, significant reduction of data duplication, inconsistencies and human errors.
- Automatized prediction of certain incomes and expenses using SAP RE contracts data and statistical functions.
- Bottom-up budgeting of incomes and expenses combined with top-down target setting.
- Investment planning including automatic calculation of depreciations.
- Offline collection of purchasing requirements from remote organizational units using automatized distribution and collection of input schedules.
- Matrix calculation of cash flows.